When all else fails, use a portable planer to trim or flatten stock. They’re quick and easy to use, and also enable you to rabbet and chamfer edges. I find them useful to flatten edges on thick, long stock before heading to the jointer, to fit doors, and to level dimension lumber – a hang of a lot quicker and easier than using a jack plane.
The Dewalt DCP580 cordless planer is a compact and well-balanced machine with 82mm reversible blades for a smooth finish. With a lightweight and ergonomic design, it is comfortable to use in all orientations. The Dewalt DCP580 large front and rear shoes improve stability upon use. Market-leading strength of 9.00 mm rebate making it suitable for minor changes and repairs on-site.
Using a power planer
Like a hand plane, the power hand planer (or electric planer) rides on a shoe or soleplate. Like a jointer, the planer has blades mounted on a cutter head or drum that spins at 20,000 rpm, removing wood equal to the difference in elevation between the front and rear shoes.
- Begin by resting the front shoe of the planer flat on the wood without letting the blade touch the work.
- Start the tool, let the motor reach full speed. Then ease the plane into contact with the work and push it steadily forward.
- Keep your initial pressure on the front grip as the planer enters the workpiece.
- Balance hand pressure between the tool handle and front knob as both planer soles contact the work.
- As you push the tool off the work, apply greater control to “catch” the rear handle. Avoid overreaching at the end of a pass; the front shoe will drop off the wood and let the blades take an uneven bite off the end of the wood (called “snipe”).
- As with all power tools, protect your eyes and hearing by wearing appropriate safety gear.
- After turning the tool off, protect yourself and the work—and the blades—by setting the front shoe of the hand planer up on a wood block while the spinning cutter head stops.
- Work safely above your head by placing walk planks between two ladders, in line with the direction you’ll be making your cuts.
- Once your neighbors spot the speed and ease with which you use your hand planer, watch out! You’ll need a sign-out sheet to keep track of all the borrowers.
Toptopdeal provides you the DeWalt DCP580N-XJ is the world’s first 18v brushless, cordless planer. It’s a compact and well balanced machine for both horizontal and vertical planing with twin 82mm reversible blades and the power to plane up to 2.0mm in soft wood or 1.0mm in hard wood.
Thanks for Reading the Article. We hope You enjoy the article and this Will be helpful for you.