Unbeatable Deals on Instant Pot Cookers
The renowned Instant Pot, a versatile electric multicooker by Instant Brands, has taken the UK by storm. It boasts a wide array of functions including pressure cooking, slow cooking, browning, sautéing, steaming, and more. Some models even double up as air fryers, making them a kitchen essential for all culinary enthusiasts. At the Instant Pot brand, we offer five distinct models with various capabilities and sizes, each equipped with unique features. Choosing the perfect one may be a tad more challenging than you'd think. Every model comes with its own set of controls and attributes.
Some models feature digital buttons, while others offer a more conventional touchpad interface. Some can air fry, others can't. Additionally, each multicooker undergoes rigorous user-friendliness testing to ensure smooth operation and programming. In this article, we'll delve into our testing methods and guide you on how to shop for your ideal appliance. We'll also address common queries related to Instant Pots.
Types of Instant Pot Cookers
Breville Fast Slow Pro Pressure Cooker
The Breville Fast Slow Pro Pressure Cooker, a six-quart powerhouse, allows users to easily adjust pressure, temperature, and cooking time settings using the front-facing knobs. The LCD display keeps you updated on the cooking progress, temperature, and other important information. This model isn't just for pressure cooking; it excels at slow cooking, sautéing, steaming, searing, and even offers a hands-free steam release feature. It's the go-to choice for preparing a variety of dishes, from vegetables, rice, and risotto to soups, stocks, beans, meats, and desserts.
Farberware Programmable Digital Pressure Cooker
The Farberware Programmable Digital Pressure Cooker, available in a convenient 6-quart size, offers nine cooking modes. It covers everything from slow cooking and stews to rice, red meats, poultry, steaming, beans, and searing. To ensure your meals are ready to serve precisely when you need them, this model comes with a Keep Warm function and a Delay Cooking option. The LED display provides real-time updates on the remaining cooking time, while the lid includes a safety release valve for pressure control. What's more, both the lid and the inner pot are dishwasher-safe, making cleanup a breeze.
Ninja XL Pressure Cooker And Air Fryer
The Ninja XL Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer is a kitchen marvel, offering nine essential pressure cooker modes alongside an integrated air fryer. With a nonstick inner pot, this device is not only easy to clean but also boasts 14 safety features. It comes in various capacities, ranging from five to eight quarts. The LED screen displays precise temperature and cooking time, allowing users to fine-tune their cooking with ease.
Convenience at Your Fingertips
Never underestimate the convenience an Instant Pot brings to your kitchen. The more functions it offers, the more effortless meal preparation becomes. If your Instant Pot comes with Wi-Fi capabilities, you might find yourself rarely using your main oven again. Simply load your ingredients into the pot and initiate cooking using your phone or a delayed timer setting if you need to step out. Batch-cooking your meals in advance and freezing them becomes a time-saving habit.
Eco-Friendly and Cost-Efficient
The Instant Pot ranks among the most energy-efficient kitchen appliances, alongside induction cooktops and microwaves. It operates judiciously, using energy only when necessary, sparing you from unexpected spikes in your electricity bills. Pressure cooking not only conserves energy but also results in richer, more flavorful sauces that require less water to reach a boil.
Cleaning your kitchen appliances should be a breeze. With the Instant Pot, it certainly is. There's just one pot to remove and clean, and the front facia is typically waterproof and easy to wipe down. You'll appreciate the minimal effort required to keep your Instant Pot in pristine condition.
Thanks to the even heat distribution in pressure cooking, your dishes always turn out delicious. The built-in electronics ensure your food is never overdone or undercooked, preserving its mouthwatering flavors.
Retaining Nutrients and Vitamins
Traditional cooking methods, such as steaming or boiling, can lead to the loss of water-soluble vitamins. Pressure cooking, on the other hand, cooks your food rapidly and evenly, allowing you to retain up to 90% of these essential nutrients.
Food Aesthetics and Flavor Enhancement
Cooking food in open containers can expose it to heat and oxygen, potentially dulling its colors and flavors. In contrast, pressure cooking envelops your ingredients in steam, preserving their vibrant hues and phytochemicals. The airtight design also enhances the development of flavors, making your dishes even more delicious.
Instant Pot Duo Plus
If you're seeking an Instant Pot that can do it all, the Duo Plus is the answer. With 15 programmable settings, including pressure cooking, soup, broth, slow cooking, sautéing, rice, beans, grains, porridge, and oatmeal, as well as nine functions like yogurt making, sterilizing, and sous vide, it's a true kitchen companion. The large, easy-to-read display with all the bells and whistles adds to its appeal. Keep an eye out for special offers on this model, as it's frequently on sale.
Instant Pot Safety Guidelines
Never Overfill for Pressure Cooking:
It's crucial never to fill your Instant Pot to the maximum line when pressure cooking. Overfilling can lead to potentially dangerous situations when opening the pot. Exercise caution and consider switching to a larger model if necessary.
Avoid Deep Frying:
While it may be tempting to experiment with fried dishes like fried rice and pressure-fried chicken in your Instant Pot, it's a risky move. Pressure frying requires specialized equipment, and attempting it in a pressure cooker is not recommended. Explore alternative recipes that are better suited for your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Features
- Pressure Cooking: Instant Pot's hallmark feature is its exceptional pressure cooking function. It creates a sealed, pressurized environment that accelerates cooking by raising the temperature.
- Multi-Cooking Functions: Instant Pot boasts a diverse range of cooking functions, including slow cooking, rice cooking, sautéing, steaming, yogurt making, and warming. This versatility eliminates the need for multiple kitchen appliances.
- Programmable Settings: Many Instant Pot models come with pre-programmed settings tailored for specific dishes and ingredients, simplifying the cooking process.
- Delay Start: You can schedule your Instant Pot to start cooking at a later time, making meal preparation a breeze.
- Safety Features: Instant Pot incorporates multiple safety mechanisms, including pressure release valves, lid-locking systems, and temperature sensors, ensuring your safety during use.
- Stainless Steel Inner Pot: The inner cooking pot is typically crafted from stainless steel, known for its durability, ease of cleaning, and resistance to staining and odors.
- Keep Warm Function: After cooking, the Instant Pot can automatically switch to a "keep warm" mode, ensuring your meal remains at a safe serving temperature until you're ready to dine.
Benefits of Instant Pot
- Time Efficiency: The Instant Pot significantly reduces cooking times, making it an ideal choice for busy individuals and families.
- Energy Conservation: Pressure cooking with the Instant Pot consumes less energy compared to traditional cooking methods, leading to long-term cost savings.
- Versatility: With its diverse cooking functions, the Instant Pot replaces multiple kitchen appliances, saving both space and money.
- Consistency: The precise temperature and pressure control ensure consistent cooking results, reducing the risk of overcooking or undercooking dishes.
- Healthier Cooking: Pressure cooking helps retain nutrients in food, and the Instant Pot enables healthier cooking methods such as steaming and yogurt making.
- Follow Manufacturer's Instructions: Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions specific to your Instant Pot model.
- Safely Release Pressure: When releasing pressure, exercise caution and follow the recommended method (natural release or quick release) to prevent burns.
- Lid Safety: Ensure that the Instant Pot lid is properly sealed before pressurized cooking, and do not remove it until the pressure has fully dissipated.
- Avoid Overfilling: Never overfill your Instant Pot, as it can block the steam release valve and create safety hazards.
- Maintenance and Cleaning: Regularly clean and maintain your Instant Pot, including components like the sealing ring, steam release valve, and anti-block shield, to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Use Genuine Parts: Only use authentic Instant Pot replacement parts and accessories to maintain safety and performance.