The smaller brad nailer doesn’t have the same holding power as a finish nailers because it doesn’t use nails technically. Brads are basically a thinner nail gage for applying lightweight trimming. The great advantage of using a brad nailer vs finish nailer is that you won’t have to use wood putty to cover the hole because the brads are thinly gauged and the head is much smaller.
- Load the strip of the nail in the magazine of the nail gun.
- Put on safety glasses before switching on the gun control.
- Before you start your project, practice shooting the gun at wood scraps.
- Place the tip of the gun against the surface you want to nail
- Push the gun’s tip against the surface and put pressure on the gun.